Race and Explore in Run BGC 2012
Date: 25 November 2012, Sunday, 5:15AM
Where: 34th Ave., Bonifacio Global City (BGC), Taguig (near Mercato Centrale)
(Finish Line: 7th Ave., BGC)
Theme: “Ready. Set. Explore!” means runners will get to explore some of BGC’s top attractions, like interactive parks, playground, and science museum—in one exciting run. Run BGC 2012 is part of BGC’s PassionFest celebration happening from November 23 to 25.
Male and Female Classification for Categories —
A. 500m Kiddie Race –
Sub-Categories: 5-8 years old and 9-12 years old
B. 5km Special Route with Fun Tasks
5K includes pit stops that require runners to complete various tasks.
Assembly and Gun Start Times:
|Race Category||Assembly Time||Gun Start|
|500m Kiddie Race||6:00am||6:45am|
How to Register:
- Online Registration Period: October 14, 2012 – November 11, 2012
- Visit http://www.runrio.com
- Fill out registration form and pay registration fee using credit card
- Race kits will be delivered to the registrant’s address
- In-store Registration Period: October 14, 2012 – November 18, 2012
a. BGC – 28th St. corner 9th Ave., Bonifacio Global City
Monday to Sunday, 12pm to 9pm
b. Katipunan – 3rd Floor Regis Center, Katipunan, QC
Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 8pm
a. SM Mall of Asia – G/F Entertainment Hall, Roxas Blvd., Manila
Monday to Sunday, 12pm to 8pm
b. Trinoma – G/F North Avenue, EDSA
Monday to Sunday, 12pm to 8pm
|Race Categories||Registration Fee|
|500m Kiddie Race||Php350|
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, and may end earlier than the announced deadline. Race kits may run out before November 18, 2012.
- A valid ID must be presented upon registration. For group registration, a photocopy of any valid ID and picture must be presented by the representative.
- Singlet size availability will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A timing device will be used by all participants during the race.
Registration Discounts (for in-store registrants only):
1. Individual Registrants
Residents, employees, or students in Bonifacio Global City are entitled to a Php100 discount. Bring a proof of billing or company/school ID when registering to avail of the discount.
2. Group Registrants
Free additional race kits for those who will register in groups at required number of runners. Free race kits may be of shorter distance or the same as those registered. Runners who will use the free race kits must be pre-determined and be registered together with the paying runners.
|No. of Participants||Free Additional Race Kits|
|10||2 Race Kits|
|20||4 Race Kits|
|50||10 Race Kits|
|100||20 Race Kits|
- Cash Prize:
|(Male & Female Divisions)||500m (5-8y/o)||500m (9-12y/o)||5km||10km||15km|
- Special Prizes for Top Finishers
– Ayala Malls gift certificates (worth Php500 for 500m and 5km; Php1,500 for 10km; Php2,000 for 15km) sponsored by Avida Land
– Soleus Wrist Watches
– Skechers Shoes (1st placer) and gift packs (2nd and 3rd placers) for 5km, 10km and 15km
– Beyond Yoga gift certificates
– Premium product packs from Milo and Revicon I-ON
- Grand Raffle Prize:
Asian cruise for two persons: Tour starts in Singapore going to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It then heads to Phuket, Thailand then back to Singapore. Convertible to P150,000.00 cash but non-transferable. This cruise is sponsored by High Street South. (Qualified to join the raffle draw are officially registered runners
for Run BGC and race finishers in any distance category. Visit http://www.bgc.com.ph or
see flyers for complete mechanics.)
- A special prize for the competition’s biggest contingent.
- A finisher’s kit for all race finishers
- Other freebies from Milo, Del Monte Fit ‘n Right, and Unilab Revicon I-ON
Race and explore in Run BGC 2012
Run BGC, Bonifacio Global City’s (BGC) annual running event, is all set to make footrace buffs challenge themselves anew in a race to cross BGC’s epic finish line.
This year’s Run BGC has four categories, offered with male and female classifications: 500m Kiddie Race, 5K Special Route with Fun Tasks, 10K, and 15K. The race for children is sub-divided into 5-8 years old and 9-12 years old categories.
In a race dubbed, “Ready, Set, Explore!”, runners will enjoy a route that will take them to explore some of BGC’s top attractions – like the interactive parks, playfield, and The Mind Museum. Making it more memorable are the fun challenges along the way. The 5K category has this “explore” route with pit stops that require runners to complete various tasks required to finish the race.
Cash prizes, trophies, exciting premium product packs, and gift certificates await the top three placers of each category. All race finishers will receive a loaded finisher’s kit and the competition’s biggest contingent will get a special award.
But more than that, all finishers, in all distance categories, will qualify to join a raffle draw with a grand prize of Asian cruise for 2 persons courtesy of High Street South. The cruise will take the lucky BGC runner to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia via Singapore before heading to Phuket, Thailand, then back to Singapore. Prize is convertible to P150, 000.00 cash but non-transferable.
Run BGC Ready, Set, Explore! is on November 25, Sunday at 4am. All categories start at 34th Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig (near Mercato Centrale).
For online registration, visit http://www.runrio.com. Interested parties may also register in Riovana (Bonifacio Global City and Katipunan) or in Toby’s Sports (SM Mall of Asia and Trinoma). Last day of online registration is November 11, while in-store registration ends on November 18.
Visit http://www.bgc.com.ph or see flyers for more details.
Run BGC 2012 is made possible by major sponsors High Street South and Avida Land; and supported by Beyond Yoga, Milo, Nizoral, Sketchers, Soleus, Pinoy Fitness, Takbo.ph, The Bull Runner, Riovana, Toby’s Sports, Run Rio, Inc., Black Beauty, Del Monte Fit ‘n Right, and Unilab Revicon I-ON.
Bonifacio Global City, the best-favored metro venue for running, is expected to get flocked by 5,000 runners who will take up the challenges, fun and prizes of this year’s Run BGC races.