Subic International Marathon 2013 – Run for Fun and Transformation
January 26-27, 2013
Event Venue: Subic Bay Freeport Zone (SBFZ)
Start-Finish Line Area: Remy Field
1. CORPS (CHRISTian Officers Reform the Police Service) Movement Foundation, Inc.
2. Dilaab Movement Foundation, Inc.
3. Bukas Loob sa DIYOS Covenant Community of SBFZ
- Regular: December 5, 2012 to January 15, 2013
- Special Extended Registration for 3 KM and 5 KM: January 26 (Saturday): 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
**All registration fees from the 5 KM and 3 KM directly go to the partner beneficiaries.
Note: Race Packet claiming for all online registrants will be on January 26, 2013 between 1PM to 5PM. Claiming area will be around the Remy Field area, most probably at the covered SBMA Gym
- New Balance – Glorietta
- New Balance – Trinoma
- New Balance – Shangri-la Mall
2. Angeles City, Pampanga
- New Balance – Marquee Mall
3. Subic Bay
- The Outlet Square (Bldg. 156 Quezon St corner Bonifacio St, Subic Bay Freeport)
RACE PACK INCLUSIONS:
EVENT VENUE MAP:
WHY RUN SUBIC MARATHON 2013?
- Experience the most beautiful 42k route in the country
- Not your usual urban route
- Get in the festival vibe with community groups showcasing dance performances, fitness demos and the awarding. It’s all happening on the Main Stage!
SUBIC MARATHON 2013 ACTIVITIES:
- Showcase of products and services for health and lifestyle for those interested in achieving a better state of health.
- Features on the latest in sports and wellness from vendors’ running apparel and accessories plus screening and tips on health and wellness.
Subic International Marathon exists to advocate and initiate holistic development in the Filipino Society, cultivating a culture of physical health, productivity and patriotism, and bringing this model to the global community as its contribution to a peaceful environment for the youth of tomorrow.
It is Subic International Marathon’s vision to be the world class Philippine marathon that will gather all full marathoners from all over the world much like the New York marathon.
The Subic International Marathon (SIM) is now working in partnership with the CORPS Movement Foundation. SIM and CORPS Movement Foundation have been providing community development programs in various places in Metro Manila and in different regions in the Philippines since 1992.
Transforming communities and societies require social contexts. Hundreds of volunteers from the faith-based group of the CORPS Movement Foundation are deeply involved in creating God-centred, service-oriented, and family-based communities. The CORPS Movement Foundation offers different programs such as: Anti-Drug Campaigns, Values Enhancement Program, Health and Wellness Advocacies, Workshops on Strengthening Family Relationships, among others. These programs have dramatically impacted and significantly contributed to the inculcation of values and virtues amongst children and youth, and to building safer schools, barangays, and communities.
Runner count in previous events
- 2005 – First ever marathon in Subic, with 5,000 runners
- 2006 – National event (Subic National Marathon)
- 2007 – First international event (Subic International Marathon)
- 2009 – Second international event with close to 10,000 runners
- 2011 – Third international event with 4,500 runners
Highlights of the event:
- Internationally endorsed race course
- Most gorgeous 42 race course (greens, lush)
- Safe, clean, and a lot of fresh air
- Rest facilities in the race course on every turn-around point for the 5, 10, 21 and 42k race
- RFID Accurate Timing System
- Hydrating stations are committed: every 1.5 km
- Full support from the communities around the race course
- Full medical support in cases of emergency