Nature Amplified – Nike Free Flyknit and Nike Free Hyperfeel
NIKE, Inc. unveiled four new innovations designed to enhance runners’ natural abilities and were guided by Nike’s “Nature Amplified” design ethos, an approach that is focused on designing for the body in motion and fueled by scientific data and athlete insights.
Two new running shoes were introduced — the Nike Free Flyknit and Nike Free Hyperfeel — along with two new apparel technologies, Aeroloft and Dri-FIT Knit.
- Overall Launch Story – http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-unveils-new-running-technologies-and-nature-amplified-design-ethos
- Nike Free Flyknit – http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-free-flyknit-provides-compression-fit-with-free-flexibility
- Nike Dri-FIT Knit – http://nikeinc.com/news/new-nike-apparel-technologies-help-athletes-maintain-optimal-body-temperature
NIKE UNVEILS NEW RUNNING TECHNOLOGIES AND “NATURE AMPLIFIED” DESIGN ETHOS
Four new innovations are designed to enhance the running experience
NIKE, Inc., the world’s leading running brand, today unveiled four new innovations at an event at the company’s global headquarters in Beaverton, Ore. The new products are designed to enhance runners’ natural abilities and were guided by Nike’s “Nature Amplified” design ethos, an approach that is focused on designing for the body in motion and fueled by scientific data and athlete insights. Two new running shoes were introduced — the Nike Free Flyknit and Nike Free Hyperfeel — along with two new apparel technologies, Aeroloft and Dri-FIT Knit.
“Innovation is not about creating for its own sake, it’s about creating something better, designing with a purpose. Running is the heart and soul of Nike and it’s the birthplace of a constant stream of new innovations that will drive the company forward,” said Mark Parker, President & CEO of NIKE, Inc.
- The Nike Free Flyknit is the fusion of two of Nike’s most iconic footwear technologies — the compressive Nike Flyknit upper and the flexible Nike Free outsole. The Nike Free Flyknit upper features zoned performance mapping and a second-skin fit. The shoe provides the benefits of natural motion and a snug, supportive fit in a single shoe.
- Designed to feel like an extension of the body by minimizing layers between the foot and the ground, the Nike Free Hyperfeel delivers a natural motion sensation for the runner. A drop-in insole made from Lunarlon foam allows the foot to have direct contact with Lunarlon cushioning. The ultra-thin waffle outsole uses strategically placed waffle pistons for grip and feel, allowing the foot to get closer to the ground.
- Nike Aeroloft technology also debuted in the ultra-light Nike Aeroloft 800 Vest, designed to keep runners warm and comfortable in cooler conditions. Insulating down has been combined with precision ventilation that allows heat to escape the body so athletes stay dry.
- Dri-FIT Knit is an ultra-soft, lightweight fabric engineered to help athletes maintain optimal performance temperature in a variety of conditions. The technology employs visibly different knit patterns to aid breathability, while seamless construction ensures a smooth fit free of distraction.
“Nature Amplified means designing for bodies in motion and creating incredible new products that work intuitively with the human body,” said Trevor Edwards, NIKE Brand President. “The footwear and apparel we’ve unveiled today is based on insights from athletes and runners at every level, combined with extensive research in our Sport Research Lab. These innovations are data-driven, but body-led.”
About NIKE, Inc.
NIKE, Inc. based near Beaverton, Oregon, is the world’s leading designer, marketer and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities. Wholly owned Nike subsidiaries include Converse Inc., which designs, markets and distributes athletic footwear, apparel and accessories; Cole Haan, which designs, markets and distributes luxury shoes, handbags, accessories and coats; Umbro Ltd., a leading United Kingdom-based global football (soccer) brand; and Hurley International LLC, which designs, markets and distributes action sports and youth lifestyle footwear, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit nikeinc.com.