The second installment of Runrio Trilogy which is the Run United 2, held last Sunday at the SM Mall of Asia Grounds in Manila, completed with over 8,000 runners that crossed the finish line. The number of runners participated in the 21 KM and 32 KM distances were overwhelming. I was there to document in photos a sports drink brand and the pictures I’m posting here are the side shots I took during the said event. The atmosphere that morning was festive and the weather was just right with the sun shined so bright considering that almost everyday we’re experiencing some drizzles in the late afternoon, at night, and sometimes in the early morning.
It seemed that the longer distance runners passing through hydration stations were endless that made my hand painful due to almost non-stop pressing of the camera shutter button.
At the finish line and post-race area, people were seemingly ecstatic finishing their race and getting their loot bags filled with some goodies and finisher shirt. Gulping a bottle of Gatorade followed by another bottle of water, made them utter “ahh!” and instantaneously smiled in front of my camera. 🙂 See you again runners at the World Vision Run!
ActiveHealth 2016 Calendar of Events
Here’s the 2015 Unilab Active Health Calendar!
Exceed yourself! UNILAB Active Health (ULAH) continues to challenge everyone to create a better version of themselves. One may choose to upgrade to longer distances, or establish new personal records. Better training, better gear, better nutrition, and better races, will all lead to achieving a better you. The 2015 ULAH calendar has been developed with experts within the swim, bike, and run community to cater to those who desire to progress from where they are today, to be better tomorrow.
Mark your calendars. Exceed Yourself!
Be advised that you will have until 12:00 noon of Friday next week, February 28, 2014, to claim your RU1 2014 Prepaid Card prize. I will be raffling off again the unclaimed prize/s to the remaining non-winning entries that complied with the aforementioned mechanics and deadline. Please understand that a very significant number of runners are hoping to win in this raffle and wish to join the Run United 1 2014 event. Currently, I still have with me three unclaimed prepaid cards, 5K medium, 21K small and 21K medium.
Hello Everyone! Welcome to my blog!
I am giving away 5 RUN UNITED 1 2014 Prepaid Cards:
- 3 for 21k (with singlet and shirt size of XS, S, M)
- 1 for 10k (with singlet size of L)
- 1 for 5k (with singlet size of M)
Here are the mechanics:
1. Post as a comment to this blog post the following:
- your full name
- your email address
- your preferred race category (21k, 10k or 5k)
- your size (for 21k only XS, S or M; for 10k L only; for 5k M only)
2. One person per entry only. Duplicate entries will be removed.
3. For an entry to be valid, all needed information should be provided and that available race category and singlet (and shirt for 21k) size for that category is indicated.
4. All entries can be posted from today until 7PM of February 16, 2014
5. All valid entries will be raffled-off using an online raffle utility. Raffle draws will be done by batch:
- Raffle #1 for all 21k-EXTRA SMALL size entries
- Raffle #2 for all 21k-SMALL size entries
- Raffle #3 for all 21k-MEDIUM size entries
- Raffle #4 for all 10k-LARGE size entries
- Raffle #5 for all 5k-MEDIUM size entries
6. Each raffle will have one (1) winner.
7. Once prepaid card is awarded, the size indicated in the card will be the final reference for the singlet (and for 21k, for the shirt) to be released to the participant. There will be no size changes that will be allowed.
8. Each RU1 prepaid card has a guaranteed slot for the race category indicated in the slot provided that registration is made before the card’s expiry date which is March 9, 2014.
9. The winner will be announced on February 17, 2014.
Good luck! 🙂
Last February 3, 2014, the bloggers’ launch of Run United 1 2014 was very informative as Unilab Active Health (ULAH) and Runrio officials explained their innovative ways of delivering premium race to the country. It was held at 100 Miles Café at The Fort Strip, BGC – the newest venue for race event launches. Bloggers were awed as new singlet designs were presented to us. Lester Castillo, ULAH Sports Event & PR Executive, said that they are not targeting to deliver the best race but aims to integrate itself to the community by utilizing innovations in sports apparel and nutrition that runners can happily and contentedly use. He added that enthusiasts can integrate ULAH’s events to their regular sports calendar. Exceed Yourself – Citius, Altius, Fortius!
After Mr. Castillo’s delivery of his piece, Runrio president and running coach, Rio dela Cruz discussed his company’s new race registration system that will benefit both runners and his team. New payment systems thru prepaid and credit cards are now being utilized to complement the process. Initially, registering runner will need to buy prepaid card from selected stores or use his/her credit card to register for RU1 2014 and other future races of Runrio, then runner will input his/her pertinent details to the web-based system, including contact information. Registering for future events will be easier than before. Just by using your previously registered e-mail address, one need not to enter other details except for desired race category and singlet size, everything is already there and important updates and notifications regarding the race event is assured.
The launch concluded with the usual group picture taking with the organizer and race owner. They distributed some Unilab products and calendar as tokens to the attendees. (Please see related post here.)
Justin Gomez Photography and LeStSkY Runner Photography